Friday is time for more push-ups! PSYCHE!!
Hey everyone! Now that we are in day 4,567,893 of quarantine let’s continue to look around for ‘alternative movements’ and today we have a few cool ones, so put seatbelts on your eyes, because I’m about to take them for the ride of their lives!
First, let’s take some extra time (it’s Friday afterall) and put in some effort for today’s mobility. In addition to our regular shoulder / hip work, let’s focus on something a bit different: Knee Health (and yes, ankle work helps with that so check this out: https://blog.paleohacks.com/ankle-mobility/#)
Starting from the ground up do the following series.
(FACT: You know what’s better than doing it once? Doing it twice. Especially if you’re feeling frisky):
- Calf Stretch R/L for 30-60 seconds each side. (See link above and use #3 Straight Leg or #4 Bent Knee, which feels like it works for YOU?)
- Ankle Rockers R/L 30-60 seconds each side. (Link #5)
- Inside/Outside Ankle Rockers R/L 30-60 seconds each side (Link #6&7)
- Ankle Circles R/L Clockwise: 10-20 reps for 1 set/ Counterclockwise: 10-20 reps for 1 set. (Link #8)
- Knee Circles for Clockwise: 10-20 reps for 1 set/ Counterclockwise: 10-20 reps for 1 set. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOP25LHDCM4)
- Pausing Air Squats 10 Reps with 5 second hold at bottom (while in bottom move R/L to open hips. KEEP HEELS DOWN!)
- 10 Good Mornings (Interlock your fingers behind your (head like that time in spring break) slight bend in the knees and hinge at the hip until you feel your hamstrings get tight/engage. Then stand up. Brace your midsection and keep your back flat)
- Cross Body Shoulder Stretch R/L 30-60 Seconds
- Tricep Stretch R/L 30-60 seconds
Nicely done, now you’re ready to get some work done!
Today’s WOD From Home is an AMRAP 18, so get that iPad, iPhone, phone of questionable origin with android loaded, and set up your timer for 18 minutes. Then complete as many rounds/reps as possible of:
18 Skater Hops ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snMOAm4XQqQ)
10 Table Rows (youtube.com/watch?v=FKKZRwBJDxE)
8 Deck Squats or Pistol Squats ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4YVu0LkmXU)
Be sure to post your scores and keep in touch with us and each other!
WOD: AMRAP 18
18 Skater Hops
10 Table Rows
8 Deck Squats / Pistol Squats