Fast Bodyweight Reps
Hey folks! We’ve got a fun week of programming ahead, and hopefully it won’t be as gawdawful hot after the rains this weekend. Today’s lift is Front Squats – a good test of your front rack position, and good prep for the Full Clean. The workout is a real cardio burner, but broken up into short sets so that you won’t get bogged down in any one given movement. This one should be fast! Aim for less than 15 minutes.
A few announcements:
- We have an evening schedule! Nelly and Mike are coaching 630pm and 730pm classes Monday through Thursday until summertime is over, while JT is campaigning for re-election. We’ll re-evaluate the schedule when the kids go back to school.
- Mike and Nelly are on vacation in the first week of August! That means we won’t have evening classes that week, so feel free to come in the mornings or book solo time. (If you don’t know how to access the gym solo slots, send us an email and ask!)
- The mulch out front is free for any to take and use! Take some for your garden! Tell your friends who have gardens!
- Depaving Event: Monday, July 26th, 4 – 8 p.m. at 31 Clark Street, Somerville (very near the Argenziano School/Lincoln Park). Masks optional, pizza/snacks and tools provided. BYOWater. 16+ only, but kids can definitely play at the Argenziano playground nearby!
- Do you know someone in the neighborhood who would enjoy CFSV? Regardless of their income, email us and bring them in for a free trial class! We are a diverse and inclusive community, and welcome everyone… and we will sponsor memberships for people who can’t afford the standard rates.
Now, on to the workout…
STRENGTH: Front Squat
3-3-3-3-3 Sets Across
6 rounds for time
20 air squats